Annual returns for Alberta corporations

After incorporation, in order to keep your corporation active, you must complete an annual return each year and file your return by the last day of the month following the anniversary of the registration month.

For example: If your corporation was registered in May, you should file your return by June 30th. A reminder may be mailed to your corporation’s registered office one month before the date of formation of your incorporation.

Who can file an Annual Return?

An authorized person (i.e. director, accountant, lawyer or other agent of the corporation) complete the Annual Return Form. Anyone can bring the form into the Registry Office or email it to to file the return.

What do I need to file an Annual Return?

When filing your annual return, you will need:

  1. One piece of identification. If you are filing by email, just fill in your Driver’s License number for the persona Authorizing at the bottom of the form next to your name.
  2. An Annual Return Form. You can print this form and fill it out, or use the form that was emailed or mailed to you from Alberta Corporate Registry.

You will need to know the names and addresses of the top 5 shareholders of the corporation, if they have changed. You will also need the accurate and current mailing and registered address of your corporation.

What is the fee to file an Annual Return?

The cost for an Annual Return is $75.

What if I miss filing my return?

Annual Returns have to be filed in chronological order. This means that if you miss two years, you have to file the first year before you can file the second year.

If you miss two or more Annual Returns, your corporation may be dissolved.


  • George Posted February 22, 2021 1:29 pm Reply

    Thank you for your writing!

    • Lina Wang Posted February 22, 2021 1:56 pm Reply

      You are very welcome George! So glad this can help you.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *